Wednesday, August 09, 2006

P+1

The family dropped me off at the airport yesterday morning and although Monica and I have gone through two deployments together this is something totally different. We were not at war then and I was on a ship at the time. And of course their were no kids involved. I know that my boys will have a hard time with all of this but I hope that they understand the reasons behind my being here. No, not the political ones, but the reasons involving patriotism and gratitude.
Processing: Day 1. Today was the first day of processing. Medical, dental, admin etc. It's alot of sitting around waiting on "key personnel" to be available to see you but that's the military for you. I have run into many of my buddies from the Everett detachment. Many of them I have not seen in about 16 months or more. That makes being out here that much easier. We are going through the same emotions and dealing with the same issues. A band of brothers in the making.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home