Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Update

Well, I know what my assignment is going to be once we get over there, either Iraq or Afghanistan, but now, they are telling me that I may not have to go. The reason for this is that the Navy has a strict policy about our rotation period. Since I did not go over with this unit in '05, I have to wait three years between deployments. The unit that I went over with NMCB 18, is slated to go over in 2010 so I may get a chance to jump on a flight with them. I don't know how I feel about the process. If I have to go, a part of me wants to get it over with ASAP, especially since my little girl is still at the age where maybe, she won't miss met oo much. If I have to wait another year, then that will only make things that much more difficult for me. How could I say good bye to my little girl when, by then, she will be able to ask me questions, that I have to answer, but she will not be able to understand? Whether it's '09 or '10, the boys will go through their process, and then get back into their routine. Monica will keep things going at home, she always does. My concern will then shift to my parents. They are not getting any younger, and I know that the last deployment took a toll on them. "No matter how old you get, you will always be our little boy."
Even with this in mind, this voice inside of me, that tugs at my emotional (patriotic) strings, keeps telling me that if I do get called up, it is my duty, my obligation, to go.
Isn't that way my mom and dad sacrificied everything to come over to this country?

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Sergio, I happened to check your blog the other day. That is crazy news my friend. I have passed along your blog to Potter and Sharpy up here. Hang in there man. -Yule

7:48 AM  
Blogger szamora said...

Bruce Almighty!!! Hey, good to hear from you. I've been getting mixed information about the deployment. Still not sure which battalion I will be going with and if it will be this year or next, Iraq or Afghanistan or some other sand mite infested location. I will let you know. How's the better half? Italy? Hondo?

7:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Things are good, my friend. Brooke is doing well. We are now officially trying for a baby so as they say, the goalie has been pulled. Hondo is great, he has a new little sister, a french bulldog named Nellie. She makes his lazy life a living hell. Make sure to say hello to Monica for me. Cheers, Yule

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home