Thursday, August 10, 2006

P + 2

Well, today is the second day of processing. We received our desert cammies, flak jackets, helmets and other items. Don't freak out on me. It is all standard issue for everyone heading over there. I still don't know what my assignment will be but by the looks of things I will be working directly with many of my old friends from Everett.
The weather is unreal. Constant heat and humidity. You do not have to do a thing and the sweat starts to build up. I'm sweating in places that...ha! We had a heavy thunderstorm roll through here yesterday. It built up quit a bit, forming large ponds and filling the run offs to the top but unlike El Paso, the rain actually has someplace to go!
One of the battalions just came back from Kuwait yesterday. They completed an eight month tour. It seems like that they day is too far off in the distance for us to even imagine it but that day will come and what a day it will be. I think about my family, Monica, the boys, my parents and my siblings. I know that this is not easy for them either but I hope that they understand the reasons why we are here preparing for our deployment. I saw a magnet that read, "Home of the free, because of the brave." I don't know if I can label myself as being brave, but I do know that I am doing the right thing. If that effects democracy here and allows for all of us to continue enjoying the liberties that we do, and some times, many times, take for granted, then so be it.

1 Comments:

Blogger szamora said...

Q-vo bro?! Keep sending me the funny stuff. I'm going to need it. And I do not have Dario's email so if you can give him a heads up too. Saludos.

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home