Sunday, March 24, 2013

Last Day

So here it is, my last day in the office before heading out for my 5th mobilization and my 4th deployment. I did two on active duty but I was on a boat and not just any boat, I was on the USS Abraham Lincoln! And who in there right mind is going to go up against a freaking nuclear warship? (Aside from the USS Sacramento...) Anyway, I am a couple of months shy of my 15th anniversary with the same company, AT&T Mobility (AWS!!!) I just have to say through all of the deployments and countless of annual trainings (AT), this company has been covering my six the whole step of the way. I wish I could convey how important it is for me to know that my employer is right there to support me and my family. Not only that but I have a slew of people that although I no longer work with many of them, they still check in on me and ask about my family, my job and of course my continued service.
When I joined the military, the best piece of advice that my mom gave me was to surround myself with good people. The people that I care about, my friends, are not perfect but they (you) make me a better person. Either by listening to my concerns, calling me out when I step out of line, giving me hope when I am having one of 'those days' or simply giving me great examples of changes I can make to enrich my life. (I love you guys!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home