Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Try, try again...

Hi there! I have been trying to update the blog for a few days now but for some reason it is not cooperating. It is going to be a while before I can download any more photos. My thumb drive was "borrowed", not sure when the unknown individual plans on bringing it back. The digital camera that I was using fell victim to the sand. Some of the brown stuff got into the len/motor area so I am SOL. It gets worse...most bases have exchanges(store) but since this place is so out of the way ours has to be brought in by convoy, it is going to be at least a month before I will be able to purchase another thumb drive and/or a digital camera. I'll keep working on it.
We had our first light show a couple of nights ago. At around midnight I was jarred out of bed by a throbbing feeling in my chest, ("I'm coming Weezy!"..Ha!) but no, it was only one of the cannons shooting "loom" rounds towards the city. Talk about a light show. It was like having a giant, super bright light bulb hanging from the ceiling right over my head. The shadows were dancing around but no one was moving. It looked cool. I'm not sure what was going on in the city but we are all okay.
There is talk that we will be leaving this base afterall and heading back for a couple of days of R and R before we get our next assignment. I am hoping that it is only a rumor as we actually enjoy being out here. It is a very remote place but we do not have to deal with the BS that goes on at HQ or at some of the other bases. I'll let you know how that goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home