Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Wed. Week Two

Well, I got a chance to head over to Highway 90 which is the highway that cuts right along the coast line from Louisiana to Florida. I was not prepared for the devastation that is still everywhere to be seen. It is hard to comprehend just how powerful Katrina was. The people of this region are very optimistic. You can see the optimism with the efforts that they are putting forth with the rebuilding process. It's hard for most of us to understand why they would bother to rebuild but when many of these peoples go back two, three or four generations it is easy to see why they are willing to take the chance of making it through another storm.
I finally finished with the processiong period. I will begin my official training next week. Desert training and so much more. Cool pics to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home