Friday, August 25, 2006

Friday...

"Training for war, praying for peace."
My last message may have come across a bit on the negative side, the thing is that everywhere I look I see guys and gals that are thinking about the upcoming deployment with the same questions and concerns as I have. There is a tremendous amount of tension that is growing throughout the battalion and it is only going to get worse. We keep hearing all of these rumors and it does not help matters. We have a number of guys that are wound up way to tight. You can bet that we will be keeping an eye one them. I found out what my assigment is going to be. I will be working with a small unit, rebuilding roads in and around the coalition base and one of the villages in the area as well. The work outside of the wire is going to be very interesting. Again, the rumors confirm this.
NMCB 7 just came back from their deployment and according to them, once in country, time goes into overdrive. The work does not stop even at night so you are constantly on the move. I can deal with that. The majority of the locals understand that we, the Seabees, are there to help rebuild the infrastructure. God willing, we will be able to change their minds about America. OK, I'm pusing it a bit.
I can only do what I do best and that is work hard, keep my head on a swivel, crack a joke or two and come home to my wife, my sons, my family and my friends.

Keeping the faith...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home