Saturday, August 26, 2006

Saturday...



"This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine."

We don't spend as much time on the range, going through weapon quals as the Marines and the Army do and you could see it from the way some people handle the M-16. I'm no expert, I don't even own a gun of my own but I know the damage that a gun especially the M-16, can do. I don't know how many times the range coaches had to rip on someone for handling their weapon incorrectly. While on the range it is muzzle down range or when not on the firing line, point it to the sky. SAFETY ON! But there is always, ALWAYS one or ten people that talk like they sleep with a rifle but when it comes down to it they have no clue. These are the people that are left behind. I don't mean that in a bad way but once we go boots on the ground many of us will have to provide security for our own teams. I don't want to have someone that is afraid of the weapon on point and I'm not going to feel too good having Bubba from Redneck County USA "I shoot all sorts of CANS back home" watching my six either. The cool thing is that these folks will be weeded out and left in the rear to work the supply lines. Even then, I am sure that they will figure out how to get hurt or hurt someone else. Maybe a friendly reminder is order, blanket party?

Later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home