Wednesday, December 13, 2006

December 14

Good morning.
We have just crossed over to double digits. Which means that we have less than 100 days to go before we start to head back to the states. If we stay true to form we will have our official turnover with the next battalion in March and we will be stateside around that time as well. I will not be release from active duty for another month or so after that but as long as I am in the states and able to fly or drive home, I will be more than happy.
Anyway, the weather out here is unreal. We got hit by a nasty cold front that stuck around for a week or so. The temps were dropping into the twenties but I am certain that we went down into the teens. The mornings were almost unbearable. Since I am an operator, I spend all day outside, operating. Anyway, some, most of our equipment is old or has not been maintained very well so the heating coils do not work. It is like riding around on top of an open ice chest with the windows down. Anything that is exposed goes numb and stays numb until the sun warms things up which is normally around 2 in the afternoon. Understand that being from El Paso, and although it can get real cold in West Texas, I work in an office.
I was working with my buddy Marty and I looked over and kept staring at him with a smirk on my face.
"What the hell is that look for?!"
"Just wondering how long you are going to let that glob of snot hang from the tip of your nose." (HAHAHA)
"You mean like the one on your nose!" (HAHAHAHA!)
Crap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home