Monday, January 22, 2007

Changes....

So no sooner do we get the word that we are starting the turnover process, we then receive word that a couple of guys will be leaving our crew ASAP. So I'm bumming around thinking about my buddy Marty and how much this place is going to bite without my bud around to joke around with that I get the word that I will be leaving too. Not only that but all of the equipment operators and construction mechanics that came out with the original crew will be leaving in the next few days. I will be heading back to our homebase to spend a month putting my artistic skills on exhibition. The command found out that yours truly is pretty handy with spray paint. (I will not admit to any wrong doing) That is what I get for drawing on, "ruining" the blank pages to my sisters Nancy Drew novels. Seriously though, each battalion that has come before us has left their mark on one of the shop walls. My chain of command wants me to do something that is going to blow the others away. I am just the man for the job. Ha! The thing is that this project will only take a couple of days but someone told them that I needed at least three weeks to do it right. I'm thinking about turning on the DaVinci in me. Show up in the morning or whenever I feel inspired, go into the shop, stare at the wall for hours mummble a few colorful words, spin around and leave. Come back after lunch, stare at the wall for a few more hours and then storm out of there again. Next day? Repeat. I plan on doing that right up to when I find out the exact date and time my flight heads out of here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home